When you are forgotten, or neglected, or purposely set at naught and you don’t sting and hurt with the insult, but your heart is happy being counted worthy to suffer for Messiah . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When your good is evil spoken of, and when your wishes are crossed, or your advice disregarded, or your opinion ridiculed, and you refuse to let anger rise in your heart, or even defend yourself, but you take it all in patient, loving silence . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When you lovingly and patiently bear any disorder, or irregularity, or annoyance; when you stand face-to-face with waste, folly, extravagance, spiritual insensibility, and you endure it as Yahushua endured . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When you are content with any food, any offering, any climate, any society, any raiment, any interruption by the will of Yahuweh . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When you never care to refer to yourself in conversation, or to record your own good words, or to itch after commendations, and when you can truly love to be unknown . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When you can see your brother prosper and have his needs met, and you can honestly rejoice with him in spirit and feel no envy, or question Yahuweh while your own needs are far greater and in desperate circumstances . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
When you can receive correction and reproof from one of less stature than yourself, and can humbly submit inwardly as well as outwardly, finding no rebellion or resentment rising up within your heart . . . that is DYING TO SELF.
In these last days, the Spirit would bring us to the cross, that death would bring forth resurrection:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. (Philippians 3:10-11)
ARE YOU DEAD YET?
– Author Unknown
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures New! – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Messiah In The Wilderness – Who is Yahushua? Do we know Him? Do we love Him? Yahushua is now testing us, to see whether we know Him and love Him, by observing which Commandments we keep
- Messiah-In-You – Only Messiah-living-within-us can bring us in to the Promised Land
- The Promised Land: Choosing to Enter In – Yahuweh gives us freedom to choose whom we will serve; we may then choose to enter in, by His Grace, or we may choose not to enter in, depending on our choices
- WWYD? What Would Yahushua Do? – The Scriptures show Yahushua as our example in all things; the simplest test of what we should do in every aspect of life, to determine Truth, and to enter in to the Promised Land
- The New Covenant Passover – Participation in Messiah’s Passover is a key preparation item for the First-Born [the FirstFruits-Bride] of Yahuweh’s people
- True Grace – by David M Hargis – A Biblically accurate overview of New Covenant Grace as used in the context of the majority of the apostle Paul’s writings
- The Two Witnesses of Devarim – By Brick Parrish – An overview of the offer of Betrothal and the eternal Marriage Agreement between Yahweh and His people
- The Blood of the Lamb – By Derek Prince – God’s righteousness is by faith, without having to observe the law — thus depriving Satan of his chief weapon against us, which is guilt