Just as there are Prophetic Numbers In Scripture, there are likewise prophetic events that occur in everyday life. Each day we go about our daily lives, performing our normal and natural duties. We go to various places, see and hear people, watch events occur, read various words on news and other media, and hear many spoken words. Each of us is daily surrounded with events.But do we realise that some of these events may be prophetic events related to the Scriptures?
What is a prophetic event? The word ‘prophetic’ simply describes the ‘now’ meaning of a Scriptural teaching or idea. A prophetic message or event is therefore some event that can occur in our life, or can be seen in the Scriptures, or even in the heavens and in the earth. But to be Biblically prophetic, this message or event must be related, in some way, to a Scriptural message that Yahuweh intends to bring to our attention.
These messages and events may be an association of one thing with another, or perhaps a particular word we hear mentioned, or repeated several times in a given day, and related, in some way, to a Scripture teaching or idea originating from Yahuweh. There are many examples of these events found in Scripture.
Prophetic Events in Scripture.
Scripture is a very interesting collection of many historical life events, stories, sayings and examples, analogies and parables, and many other forms of communication too numerous to mention here.
Perhaps one of the most overlooked form of communication in Scripture is the occurrence of many prophetic events. A prophetic event is not something foretold by plain words of Scripture to occur at a future time. A prophetic event is simply a hidden message seen within the words or events portrayed in Scripture. A prophetic event in Scripture may consist of people, places, words, numbers, or objects. They may include a statement, gesture, or event, or combination of any of the above. Below we will give several examples seen in Scripture.
The primary feature of a truly prophetic event is that it points to the Scriptures, and must be in full agreement with all of Scripture. A secondary feature is, that it speaks a truth concerning some message to be given by Yahuweh, to a particular group of people, at a particular time.
Beware of Deception
At this point we must be warned. Wherever there is Biblical Truth, there is also its counterfeit. It is the Scriptures that must be pre-eminent in our minds, and in our thoughts, and not some idea that numbers and names are of great significance.
Some have fallen into deception through a mystical approach to these Biblical numbers and prophetic events, by allowing the numbers or events to become pre-eminent, rather than Messiah Himself, and His Word.
Still others have seen personal revelations that appear to single out themselves, or some other individual personality alive today, as being significant or special. The prophetic messages found within the New Testament Scriptures, however, do not appear to single out individual persons today as great or significant personalities. Instead, these prophetic messages all appear to deal with groups or companies of people as significant, with the possible exception of a possible Anti-Messiah or False Prophet.
Thus we can learn from these prophetic messages of Scripture. We can now understand clearly that any individual today claiming to be Christ or Messiah or one of the two witnesses, or some other known personality of Scripture — is in deception. The prophetic messages of Scripture will always confirm the Scriptures.
Prophetic Events in Daily Life
There are prophetic events occurring all around us in our daily lives. Many of these events may not be seen at the time as prophetic, but only as coincidence. However, Yahuweh places us in many situations, reminding us of Scriptural events, and is always pointing us back to the Scriptures.
Some of the sources of these daily prophetic events may be among the following:
- Newspaper headlines, articles — various themes, names, numbers, and events, including dealings with nations and leaders
- Names, addresses, zip-codes — various names and numbers
- Names of people, places, things, as related to various Biblical meaning of names, places and events
- Numbers seen in our everyday dealings and activities
- Movies, many of which are actually demonic, which may serve to warn the Believers to avoid watching them. A few, however, have vivid Scriptural messages hidden within.Two examples of these are:
- My Fair Lady — The Bride is seen prophetically, as she undergoes preparation for her journey, from being a lowly and common “Gutter-Snipe” — to become perfected, and to be presented to the Prince at the Royal Ball, with complete success.
- The Sound of Music – The Bride is fully prepared for her wedding, and is seen wearing her wedding gown and veil, as she approaches a large iron gate, where she stops to wait. Then after someone opens the gate for her, she walks through the gate, walks down the aisle, and ascends a stairway of 13 steps, where she meets her Bridegroom.
The above are only a few of many types and potential sources of prophetic events. Some examples are presented below, in Examples of Prophetic Events.
Prophetic Messages in Geographical Features
There are many Geographical features that can be prophetic. Some of these may be Names of Geographical places, such as mountains, rivers, towns, buildings, business names, objects, highways, streets, addresses, towns, Native tribe names, historical names, and current names.
The numbers associated with these names can also be prophetic. Some of these numbers may be in the form of zip-codes, highway numbers, or even RV-Park spaces. These prophetic messages are given by Yahuweh, to confirm Yahuweh’s direction to those that see the prophetic signs. Perhaps another purpose for these messages is to give encouragement, so that Yahuweh’s purposes will be met in the lives of the recipients of the messages.
Prophetic Messages in the Heavens
Many had known for centuries that there would be a Saviour, a Deliverer, a Messiah to be born in Bethlehem, the city of David. But the exact date Messiah was to be born was seen by only a very few. Why was this? Let’s review a Scripture passage.
For Signs, and For Seasons
Yahuweh has told us in Scripture that He would place signs in the heavens:
“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years…” (Genesis 1:14)
In the days of Messiah’s birth, there were many that understood the Scriptures. They knew what was to occur, that a Messiah would be born.
But there were very few that knew of and watched for the Biblical Signs in the Heavens. These signs were placed in the heavens by Yahuweh Himself, and were to announce exactly when Messiah was to be born. The wise men of Yahushua’s day, however, knew of these signs. And when they saw the signs, they knew the time had come.
Like the Star of Bethlehem announcing the birth of Messiah, there are similar celestial events marking the taking of His Bride, and other events. But just as in the days of His birth, few today realise these signs exist, and few even care. Today as then, the wise men still seek Him, and are watching for these signs.
For more detailed look at these Signs in the Heavens, the Reader is directed to Bridegroom and Bride Signs in the Heavens.
Now let’s look at some examples of prophetic events Yahuweh is using today to speak to His people. These examples can be seen both in daily life, and in Scripture.
Examples of Prophetic Events in Daily Life
Here are a few examples of prophetic events, seen in daily life:
- For several years, I noticed a ’41’ confirmation sign almost daily. Many numbers assigned to us in our daily lives, which were beyond our control, were the number ’41.’ Likewise these numbers appeared daily in news headlines, and many other numbers seen. I began to realise we were in the ’41’ phase of our preparation.
- Then I began to notice that this number ’41’ I had been seeing frequently, began to change to ’42.’ I began to see the number ’42’ frequently, as well as names related to Resurrection, as well as First-fruit and First-Born.
- These numbers and names started appearing everywhere I looked. Many were beyond my personal control, such as the Postal zip-code +4 extension of ‘4200’ that was very recently assigned to our temporary mailing address.
- While studying numbers in Scripture, I noticed the 4200th verse of the New Testament in Acts 12:7. I began to perceive that this verse was somehow a picture of the Appearing of Yahushua and of resurrection. A little digging into the Greek words of that verse revealed that the entire passage was all about Appearing of Yahushua-in-us, and about resurrection.
- In the year 2008, even the Sports fans were given this sign, although most may be unaware. The year 2008 is the year of Super Bowl XLII – meaning ‘Super Bowl 42.’
- Although the current President of the U.S. [as of this writing] is in the 43rd Presidential office since the country’s founding, he is nonetheless the 42nd President to hold that office. A quick reference to an online resource guide to the US Presidents discussing presidential numbering can explain how this is true.
- There is a website based on a fictional book, in which the answer to everything has supposedly been calculated. The theme of that site is based on the result of this calculation, and states The Answer to Everything is the Number 42. Those who understand Scripture, and who realise that the number 42 speaks of the Appearing of Messiah-in-you, the hope of glory, and of Resurrection Life, will surely agree. Truly, ’42’ is The Answer to Everything!
- Update: As daily events unfold, we should see more of the ’42’ and ‘142’ references surrounding events in daily life. As we look at the great number of words in Scripture having either a ’42’ or ‘142’ frequency, we may see from all these word meanings, taken together, a prophetic picture emerging. As daily events begin to line up with these Scripture definitions, we see indications that the time for Yahushua’s appearing — His Appearing in the power of His strength [the ‘142’] — is drawing near!
From the above examples, it appears that we are being moved into a new phase of preparation. It now appears we are nearing [or beginning] the ’42’ phase, the last stage, of our preparation for the Resurrection appearing of Yahushua-in-us.
Examples of Prophetic Events in Scripture
There are prophetic events in every page of Scripture, but we have failed to see most of them. There are countless examples, and a great variety of types of examples, to be seen within the Scriptures. Let us look at two brief examples.
Prophetic Scripture: First Example
There is an event in the Gospels — the Feeding of the 5,000 — seen in Matthew 14:19, Mark 6:41, and Luke 9:16. Each one of these passages is full of prophetic events, but we will mention only one of these. Let’s look at this event in these passages:
And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. (Matthew 14:19)
And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. (Mark 6:41)
Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude. (Luke 9:16)
As we look at the above passages, we see two things. First, we can see in the verses leading up to this event, and by the description of the event, and by the numbers associated with the event — that this event is a portrayal of the Bride of Messiah. The numbers ‘5,’ ’50,’ ‘5,000,’ and ‘2’ confirm that this is a Bride event.
Second, notice that in each of the two passages, two phrases are repeated: two fishes and looking up to heaven. We can immediately see the prophetic message by association.
Yahushua is telling us in these phrases that this ‘Bride event’ is related to two fishes and looking up to heaven. He is telling us that the Bride sign in the heavens is related to the Bride-event of the feeding of the 5,000.
Yahushua is telling us in this event one of the signs that will relate to the Bridegroom’s return for His Bride. It is the constellation known as Pisces that pictures the two fishes in the heavens. The prophetic event seen here tells us the Bride sign is also related to dividing the two fishes. For details on how and when this division of the two fishes will occur as a sign for the Bride, see the reference at the end of this article.
The feeding of the 5,000 is a prophetic event that surely speaks to us today.
Prophetic Scripture: Second Example
The next example of prophetic events in Scripture can be seen easily. There are many such passages, but we will show only this one passage for an example. But first, let us look at a little background.
Yahuweh has overseen not only the writing of the Scriptures in the original sense of the word, but has overseen the later arrangement of these Scriptures into chapters and verses. Likewise, Yahuweh has overseen the later-added numbering of these passages.
Yahuweh has overseen not only the passages and their arrangement, but the Strong’s numbering system as well. Simply stated, the Strong’s number is simply a chronological number assigned to each successive word, in ascending alphabetical order, assigned to the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek words of Scripture.
For this example, Let’s look at the following passage:
There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from <1308> another star in glory. (1Corinthians 15:41)
The above passage describes a comparison of the Bride with others, comparing the glory of the Bride with the glory of the Bridesmaids and others. The verse then goes on to distinguish one star from another, this time using stars to represent the Bride, as differing from the others. The word <1308> is used 13 times, which number 13 speaks of Love of [and for] the Bride. Now notice the next passage:
“…So also is the resurrection <386>…” (1Corinthians 15:42a)
Notice that the above passage confirms this and the previous verse as one combined Bride event. Notice how the ‘separating of the glories’ and the ‘distinguishing of stars’ in the previous verse, is equated to the ‘resurrection’ seen in this verse. The word <386> is used 42 times, confirming this passage speaks of the appearing of Messiah. The verse number itself is verse 42, and serves as a double confirmation.
This combination of words, numbers, and context all come together to reveal a hidden, prophetic message of Scripture, for it gives an additional ‘hidden’ message of Scripture that is in addition to the Truths seen in the plain reading of the words and context.
As time allows we will try to show a few more of the many prophetic messages seen in Scripture.
For further discussion of these prophetic events and messages, the Reader is encouraged to read Bridegroom and Bride Signs in the Heavens.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures New! – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Messiah In The Wilderness – Who is Yahushua? Do we know Him? Do we love Him? Yahushua is now testing us, to see whether we know Him and love Him, by observing which Commandments we keep
- Messiah-In-You – Only Messiah-living-within-us can bring us in to the Promised Land
- The Promised Land: Choosing to Enter In – Yahuweh gives us freedom to choose whom we will serve; we may then choose to enter in, by His Grace, or we may choose not to enter in, depending on our choices
- WWYD? What Would Yahushua Do? – The Scriptures show Yahushua as our example in all things; the simplest test of what we should do in every aspect of life, to determine Truth, and to enter in to the Promised Land
- The New Covenant Passover – Participation in Messiah’s Passover is a key preparation item for the First-Born [the FirstFruits-Bride] of Yahuweh’s people
- True Grace – by David M Hargis – A Biblically accurate overview of New Covenant Grace as used in the context of the majority of the apostle Paul’s writings
- The Two Witnesses of Devarim – By Brick Parrish – An overview of the offer of Betrothal and the eternal Marriage Agreement between Yahweh and His people
- The Blood of the Lamb – By Derek Prince – God’s righteousness is by faith, without having to observe the law — thus depriving Satan of his chief weapon against us, which is guilt